As we close out 2010...

Completely open to any registered user to talk about anything.
Archangelus
As we close out 2010...

Post by Archangelus » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:18 am

I always note that the best part of the turnover of the years is that it gives us time to both look back on the past, as well as herald the future. Each of us have different experiences we've dealt with over the past year. We experienced joy and sadness, introductions and losses, successes and disappointments, but in all we hope that we end 2010 better than we entered it.

This is what makes the new year so fantastic. Many of us, regardless of if we actually call them resolutions or not, will think of how we can be better in the coming 365 days. How can we improve ourselves, our relationships, our community, and beyond. It's the hope and promise of a better day I revel in. The hope that there is something better yet to come, and more importantly, that we all have the power and the opportunity to make it happen.

I'm a kid at heart. I equate New Year's Eve/Day to a trip to Disney World. How's that you say? The thing I always have admired about Walt Disney is that he never had a set destination. Goals, milestones, achievements? Sure. But he always felt that everything rested upon two main principles - imagination and determination. This typically gets quoted famously as "If you can dream it, you can do it." Today and tomorrow are the days that typically remind us that we have an opportunity to start fulfilling our dreams. Whether that opportunity is a clean slate or to build on the foundation you've built up until now doesn't matter. What does matter is that we appreciate that opportunity we have every day to make our and others lives better.

Remember the opportunities we all have each day and make the most of them regardless of if it's December 31st, January 1st, or May 3rd. Here's good tidings to each of you and thanks for the part you've played in a memorable 2010 and a hope that 2011 brings joy, happiness, and prosperity.

XoR

Re: As we close out 2010...

Post by XoR » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Well said Arch

Let's have some fun in 2011!

I.D.O.

Re: As we close out 2010...

Post by I.D.O. » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:30 pm

Wooo hooooo 2011