BEST GAME TRAILER I HAVE EVER SEEN

Completely open to any registered user to talk about anything.
Purgatorio
BEST GAME TRAILER I HAVE EVER SEEN

Post by Purgatorio » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm not exaggerating, it could actually be the best video game trailer I have ever seen.

Arch can you embed this video in the front page of the website. -PHX- is actually growing in Eve right now, getting a solid base built and we are in an alliance that is kicking ass, taking names and then throwing the names away. If some of you crazy fps guys go involved in Dust514 the carnage would be ... unprecedented.

Do not watch the trailers for the movie Prometheus that are linked with this video clip on youtube. If you do you will do permanent damage to your ability to detect awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI53ydJaus8

P.S. Arch why you gotta steal a brothas sig graphic ? :(

Archangelus

Re: BEST GAME TRAILER I HAVE EVER SEEN

Post by Archangelus » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:33 pm

I actually never saw your graphic, but then again I wasn't the one that developed the banner. :)

Purgatorio

Post by Purgatorio » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks for the front page love. We can call it even on the graphics until I can track down the artist who did the original oil painting and buy the rights to it :)

Other Dust514 trailers below. Game is in limited beta right now, will open to full beta with priority to Eve customers and continue to expand. I think they're scheduled for a summer release but by summer they probably mean mid to late fall.

What is Dust514? Well, I sent the video to a friend and he stated "That was really badass even though I have no idea what is going on". Ah, my bad. Dust514 is a new FPS that is going to take place on the planets inside the universe of Eve Online. Yeah, that MMO that started back in 2003 that we couldn't get any of you to play. It's still there and all it does is chug along getting bigger and better every year. That MMO you decided to play instead? It's dead and gone, so are the 3 you played after that one. Eve don't die.

So, the concept of Dust514 is simple, get the FPS audience involved in the same persisent universe. You will be able to interact and communicate in real time with Eve Online spaceship pilots who will want to work with you to have you go to the planets and blow stuff up. They got us hooked about 2 years ago with "Planetary Interaction", where we can harvest materials and set up production on planets and start making a lot of money. To date there is no way to keep others from squatting on your planets and using up your resources. Now that we are all PI junkies, Dust514 enters the scene and you FPS guys can either go mercenary, whoring around for money and taking out targets and infrastructure... go rogue and just blow up whatever you want whenever you want ... or align yourself with a specific faction and play a crucial part in the ongoing warfare by crippling the enemy's infrastructure. You can also just sign in, skip all that and play quick more conventional FPS engagements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRyXDlZK ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0gOjOW ... re=related

The bad news for some of you is it is launching PS3 exclusive. I have a PS3 so this doesn't effect me other than I have to clean 3 years of dust off of it... maybe that's why they named the game dust. Supposedly the game is built to support keyboard and mouse instead of the hardware emulating it so you can use them without the typical delay in response. I hope that is true.

If what I have heard is correct the exclusive to PS3 is for a year, after that they will release on PC. They went to Xbox but microsoft would not grant the level of network access required to allow the games to merge. Oh well, probaby come sniffing around next year as well after the game takes off.

Also, is free to play, no sub fees.

XoR

Post by XoR » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm

Looks pretty sweet. EVE is one of those games that just never gets old IMO. I still play casually after almost 6 years. (Ice Mining mostly while I'm doing other RL stuff)

I can't wait to see how they pull it all together.

Purgatorio

Post by Purgatorio » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:24 pm

XoR wrote:Looks pretty sweet. EVE is one of those games that just never gets old IMO. I still play casually after almost 6 years. (Ice Mining mostly while I'm doing other RL stuff)

I can't wait to see how they pull it all together.
If you decide to get a little more serious about internet spaceships let us know. The alliance we are in was just handed Scalding Pass for staying loyal to Solar in the latest round of null sec armageddon. We got outposts all over, and those fancy smancy conquerable seeded stations that do everything.

We got some good ratting space but I wouldn't know about it first hand as I am busy with the land grab making sure PHX has the space it needs now and the space it needs in the future. Actually getting good response to recruiting effort when considering I am doing it one on one basically through eve mail and not bulk forum posts. We picked up our first UK member today so we're officially legit as a Corp.