Guild wars 2 fractal bugs/

Completely open to any registered user to talk about anything.
z3r07w0
Guild wars 2 fractal bugs/

Post by z3r07w0 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:56 pm

I haven't seen many ppl on Guild wars 2 as of late and I think that I should post some of the things I have learned from the last week of fractal running.

So far, up to lvl 14 and with +10 agony protection I hardly take any damage from it.

I will discuss the different fractals and the tricks I have been shown to complete them.

Swamp map
Pretty straight forward on how to get to the boss. The trick with Mossman is to gather on the tree to the left when you exit the water. Agro Mossman and let him reset. Once he reappears he wont attack or move so you drop from the tree and kick his butt.

Asura/harpie map
From lvl 10 and up the harpies will use a knock back ability. The red circle will drop and if your watching its easy to avoid them. Jumping from one plateau to the next can get tricky. Expect to drop from the sky alot. Once you reach the shock return ramp, I have been with groups that only need one member to reset the switches, just not sure how it was done. Mesmer always works too. The Bot boss will require you to load alyssa's tears in order to use the fan at lvl 10 and above.If you run around the edge of the map you can set up the tears,4 a side, before starting the battle. Pretty simple. After that boss, there is a way to bypass the next set of harpies but again not sure other then grouping up on this one spot and getting ported to the other side.(only done this one time). The final boss I found a spot along the far right wall where I dont take any damage when I stand there. I've grouped up on that place with others and just ranged the bosses.

Dredge map
Nothing new until you get to the fork in the map where you either destroy the large wall with bombs to the right or destroy the machines and use the guns to take down the door to the left. Going right requires the tanks to run bombs to the door while the rest of the group holds the bottom of the stairs where the dredge line starts. Running back and forth,healing each time. Going left is different. Pile up on the door while those with the guns are damaging the door. Don't bother with the dredge that are spawning. When the door explodes, run along the left wall and jump onto the pipes at the back. Those dredge that follow will despawn over time provided you dont hit them. All that is left is the boss and the dredge jumping out of the digger. Run over to the digger and jump onto the back tires. From there you cannot be hit and you can wipe out any dredge, including the boss. Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to defeat the final boss.

Snow map
Pretty straight forward map. Can't really think of anything i've seen done different.

Giant statue map
The only real glitch is against the final boss. When he drops the hammer for the first time have your team gather onto his body. One player takes the hammer and completes the task. For some reason, with the players gathered onto the boss he will continue to drop the hammer allowing the team to destroy the seal without bringing down the boss in the process. I've done this 5-6 times and there are times where it doesn't work.

Charr map
Run to the left all the way around to the front gate to avoid all the battles. Anything else after this varies depending on the group. Nothing worth noting.

Water map
If you get the dolphin portion of the map only one member of your team has to reach the final check point. Then just wipe the group and kill the boss.

Giant squid thing map
Right when you spawn there are enemies behind you that you can kill. Lately, the groups I have been in will just run to the end and not bother with any fighting. When you reach the final boss, run to the left onto the wall until your behind the bosses head. attack the squid arms and once the smaller squids start moving stop attacking. They will reset then despawn allowing you to begin the boss battle. I find the best way to handle the shards is to gather them at the left bottom corner of the map. agro any shard monsters over to that spot then kill them. Keeping the group and the shards close will maximize your chances of not getting dropped.

Most of these tricks I have done with members of PHX already. These might get patched when they make changes to fractals of the mists on Jan. 18. Take advantage while you can.

z3r07w0

z3r07w0

Re: Guild wars 2 fractal bugs/

Post by z3r07w0 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:46 pm

Here is some additional things I have found while working my way up to lvl 20 fractals.

Snow map:
The boss does have a glitch area. Just inside the cave there is a rock against the wall. Attack the boss until he ports onto the cliff to drop AOE then stack onto this rock. When he ports back down he won't move from his spot provided the group only uses the #1 skill in your slots. Just continually use range. He will never port back up and more importantly, he stops talking!(You're so weak!!)

Grawl map:
This map has been difficult for our PHX group so I have been focusing my efforts into finding a way to kill the final boss. LAst night I defeated the boss at lvl 20 and it's because we have been playing it all wrong. When the boss puts up his shield your suppose to attack it with burst skills to drop it. This way he cant heal. While you do this your suppose to kite the worms because they only have a range 0f 600. They become easier to kill once the boss loses the shield.

char map:
I think it's important to note that you must have someone with a banner standard. It becomes very important during your fight through the city and the final boss. Being able to rez 5 npcs when the banner drops has saved my groups so many times. From lvl 15 and up your npc groups become much larger and more important.

Dredge map:
@ new updates to this map. Both are in the dame area. First, if you have a mesmer in your group have them bring the port ability. Run underneath the first portion of the map and gather on the stair case that would get you into the room with the spinning drill. The mesmer then goes back down the stairs and jumps onto the pipe that enters the room and drops a portal onto the floor in the room. Then port into the room skipping the first portion of the map. The second requires the use of a Ash Legion spy kit. Found in the plains of ashford and given out by kyra sharptracker for 28 karma. This will make u invisible as long as you dont move. Have the 2 switches held down and get downed onto the switch. Your body holds the switch down. The third person uses a spy kit and turns the crank to open the door. Run up the stairs and wait for the baddies to despawn then run back and rez.

Jenova

Post by Jenova » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:20 am

who's still playing gw2 with ya?
Gamer formerly known as Acele/a.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

z3r07w0

Post by z3r07w0 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 am

Yazule,xeide,darkkan,Dnasty,Dragonreborn,babydoll and some others who drop in and out from time to time.

PinkRabi

Post by PinkRabi » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:55 am

I would play but am currently away from my hardware :(

CoolerKing

Post by CoolerKing » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:27 pm

Hello Everyone been a long time! I have GW2 now and am wondering what world/planet/plane of existance I should join to play with you fine folks.

Cheers,

Cooler

z3r07w0

Post by z3r07w0 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Jade quarry is where you want to go. If its full just keep trying eventually you will get in.